Friday, September 23, 2011

Mambo Italiano

What are my two favorite Italian foods?

Well, tonight at least, they're pizza and biscotti.

We started dinner with homemade chicken and sun-dried tomato pizza.



Roll out pizza dough on greased cookie sheet - pre-bake for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.

Brush with garlic-infused olive oil.

Top with sliced onions, shredded cheese, cooked and shredded chicken (about 2 breasts worth), drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, and approximately 4 oz of Neufchatal cheese.


Bake for 10 minutes, also at 400 degrees.

Slice and enjoy!

Now, to satisfy the sweet tooth.

I used this recipe and modified it slightly - substituting cherry-flavored dried cranberries and adding honey roasted almonds.


I actually bought baking ingredients so I was able to make a full batch this time.

Two logs of pre-biscotti goodness!


And the end product. :)


Now it's time for me to bask in my gluttonous glory and eat some more pizza and biscotti. ;)





Bon appétit,

Gabriella

1 comment:

  1. That looks so good! Serious biscotti cravings! The last time I made biscotti, I nearly took a finger off chopping chocolate with a mezzaluna! Not very clever! :)

    ReplyDelete