Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cheesy Tuna Casserole with Bacon

I've been in a comfort food kind of mood.

It's been raining, drizzling, overcast, and depressing all week in so-called Sunny Florida.

That, combined with cold air conditioning will leave anyone with cravings for a warm, fattening casserole.

Having, surprisingly, never made tuna casserole before, I quickly did a search and found this recipe that satisfied both my time constraints and limited pantry items.


I was utterly starving the entire time I was making this, so I didn't take any pictures until I had already devoured my first serving and was diving in for my second. I had to regain my strength, haha.

I added some sauteed carrots and red bell pepper for some color and vegetable content and I topped it with bacon bits instead of french fried onions because, seriously, who just has french fried onions in their cupboard unless it's Thanksgiving? Plus, bacon makes everything better. Even tuna.

Now, I've finished my seconds and the boyfriend still isn't home from school.

Shhhhh!

I might sneak some thirds and tell him the cat ate it....




Bon appétit,

Gabriella

No comments:

Post a Comment