Monday, August 29, 2011

Coconut and Vanilla Cupcakes

I hadn't made dessert in a few.... days.... and the boyfriend and I were both beginning to get the sugar cravings.

We just bought a carton of Silk Coconut Milk, so I set off on a journey to find a recipe with coconut milk.

I found this.

Vanilla Bean Coconut Cupcakes. Yes, please.


I proceeded to make some of the softest, moistest, delectable-est cupcakes in the world.

And I topped them with homemade cream cheese frosting and dunked them in sweetened shredded coconut for good measure. ;)


I began by reducing the coconut milk - though Silk Coconut Milk is hardly coconut milk. I'm sure your results will be much better and much coconut-ier if you use regular coconut milk.


I then beat everything into magical cupcake batter goodness.


And I finally got to use the adorable cupcake liners I got at Joann's the other day!

Once the cupcakes were golden and baked, it was time to make the cream cheese frosting.

I used this recipe, it's the same one my dear gramma used for the lemon cake she made for my birthday, so I knew it would turn out great. Plus, the name isn't lying, this really is The Best Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe.

I substituted Neufchatal cheese for the cream cheese and Smart Balance 50/50 Butter Blend for the butter.


Whipping up some creamy goodness!

Then it was time to frost those suckers and drown them in coconut - which is exactly what I did.



The finished products! To be honest, because I used Silk Coconut Milk instead of regular coconut milk, they ended up tasting more like vanilla cupcakes with coconut on the frosting - but that's not a bad thing. They were still delicious and now I just have to figure out how to get rid of 18 cupcakes without doing it the old-fashioned way - down the gullet.





Bon appétit,

Gabriella

2 comments:

  1. They look fantastic! A great way to get rid of cupcakes? Med students are always hungry. I pawn our leftover sweets on my husband's classmates all the time. :) Love the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look far too good to eat all on your own, I demand you share at once!

    Those look fantastic, Gabriella!!! I love the little liners, so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete